Makeup products are essential for our busy modern lifestyle. Lipsticks own a very special place in every woman’s heart. So we can never ignore buying these beauty essentials.
In India, cosmetics brands have started supporting animal welfare – producing animal-tested products is slowly becoming popular. However, not all popular Indian makeup brands provide cruelty-free cosmetics; it’s better to check before purchasing. Many brands have started working endlessly towards offering us cruelty-free and vegan options.
Wondering about the “not-so-known” terms like vegan cruelty-free? They’re explained below:
- Cruelty-free: Makeup products that are not tested on animals are considered cruelty-free.
- Vegan: Makeup products that are not tested on animals and do not contain animal by-products like honey, beeswax, milk etc., are considered vegan products.
Here, we’ve come up with the top 5 makeup brands in India, where you can buy an amazing cruelty-free lipstick.
- Lotus Herbal: Since 1993, Lotus Herbal has been well-known as one of the leading natural cosmetics companies. Starting from the herbal skincare range to makeup products, only herbal ingredients are used that are cruelty-free. This is one of the famous makeup brands that includes a complete range of cosmetics products. Each of these products is specially created to match Indian skin tones. No wonder you can add bright red lipstick to your collection, especially for big fat Indian weddings.
- Zivame: Zivame produces one of the most popular cruelty-free makeup ranges and skincare products. It is an established and well-known brand worldwide. Products offered by the brand are made of excellent quality ingredients that have no harmful side-effects. Get your favourite nude shade lipstick from the unique Zivame collection to brighten your mundane office days.
- Plum Goodness: The prize-winning skincare and makeup brand was founded in 2013 by a chemical engineer. It’s known to be the sole vegan cosmetics brand in India. Plum produces cruelty-free and vegan cosmetics products that look amazing on Indian skin tones without harmful effects. It also provides environment-friendly products. You can buy Plum’s skin, hair, and body care ranges without any doubt. Plum’s green tea range is one of the top picks among consumers. They have started a campaign – #Empties4Good – that collects and recycles empty plum bottles from their consumers. You will get Rs50 as shopping credit for recycling.
- Just Herbs is another famous, cruelty-free Indian brand that produces amazing makeup and skincare ranges. The ingredients used are primarily herbal and plant-based. It was founded by an award-winning biochemist – Dr Neena Chopra. She had started preparing skincare products using her very own formulae of Indian herbs and spices.
- Tinge Cosmetics: It’s a famous brand in India that produces cruelty-free makeup products using natural ingredients. All these products are toxin-free and sulfite-free. They can customize your personal shades of foundation and lipstick. Must try their long-lasting liquid lip colours. These are perfectly suitable for every Indian skin tone.
628 total views, 5 views today