Dear Mosquito, No more bite, please! 🙂 🙂
A small tiny insect can make your life miserable. Their single bite can be harmful to you. I have diagnosed with Malaria twice.
I think Mosquitos have a special connection with me. They love me so much! 🙁
It was just 2 months before my wedding day; I had typhoid and malaria at the same time. After 6 months, I got the same high fever with terrific shivering and doctor told that it’s Malaria again.
In human, malaria is caused by four different species of Plasmodium: P. falciparum, P. malariae, P. ovale and P. vivax. According to CDC Gov, In P.vivax and P. ovale, parasites can remain dormant in the liver for several months and can relapse again. It happened in my case.
Don’t worry; malaria can be cured by proper and immediate treatment.
General Symptoms of Malaria:
High fevers and Chills
What was my experience?
I had typhoid also and I was feeling extremely sick, couldn’t eat anything and experienced a high fever. The first doctor advised immediate hospitalization but then my parents consulted a new doctor. He gave the full assurance and did the treatment at home. Proper medicine and nursing are important always.
Other Diseases transmitted by mosquitoes:
Apart from malaria, mosquito bites can cause life-threatening diseases like dengue, chikungunya, yellow fever, filariasis, encephalitis etc.
As a responsible citizen, it’s our duty to keep the locality clean and mosquito free.
Tips for Mosquito Protection
- Keep Your House Clean: Your house should be neat and clean. Mosquitoes love dark corners of the rooms. Wash your floors on daily basis and remove all unwanted things.
- Wear full sleeve Clothes: Try to wear full sleeve shirts and trousers while going outside.
- Drainage System: In your locality drainage system should be good. Cover the drains and spread bleaching powder outside of your house.
- No More Standing Water: Mosquitoes love to breed in standing water. Remove broken tub, empty pot etc even a bottle cap can be their place to lay eggs.
- Use Mosquito Cream: Remember, a small bite of a mosquito can be dangerous for your baby. Use mosquito cream on daily basis. I am using Goodknight Cool Gel mosquito cream for my kid. I have used other mosquito repellent cream, but I hate that typical smell and my son didn’t like it too.
Why is Goodknight Mosquito Cream good choice for your family?
- Soothing and Cooling effect of Aloe Vera
- Skin-friendly – no irritation and itching
- Pediatrician certified as child safe
- Gives 8 hours full protection
Price: The tube costs INR 75 only
In my room, I use Goodknight Power Activ + System always.
I have used their other products also like Fabric roll on, fast card, and low smoke coil.
- Home Remedies: Lavender oil & coconut oil are good mosquito repellents even camphor is very much effective too.
- Use Mosquito Net: You can cover the windows with a good quality mosquito net to get the permanent solution. Do not forget to use a mosquito net while sleeping.
- Do Awareness Campaign: You can take the initiative and do awareness camp in your locality. It will help people to know more about mosquito protection.
Monsoon is the time for heavy rain. And we observe water logging everywhere, especially in Kolkata, the situation is worst. If you get heavy rain for a single day then the main IT hub goes under water. This is the scenario and we are dreaming about a city like London!!
Standing water is the best place for mosquito breeding! So when the drainage system is not under your control, you have to follow the above tricks to make your home mosquito free at least.
© Sayeri Bhattacharya Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. The details mentioned in the post are true to author’s knowledge and for information purpose ONLY. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sayeri Bhattacharya (Sayeri Diary) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
2,839 total views, 1 views today