So finally the monsoon is here! As if the pandemic situation isn’t worse enough, on top of it, a lot of parts in India experienced bouts of heatwave as well this year.
Baby Skin Needs Extra Care During Monsoon
So don’t blame me if I feel relieved to have some rain now. But monsoon also comes with the erratic weather change. Sometimes it starts humid and suddenly the temperature drops. Especially for our babies, such change in temperature leads to sweat and patchy skin. If the moisture gets trapped in the skin, the little ones also get heat rash.
Skip Body Oil During Monsoon or Not?
But does it mean we should skip using baby massage oil completely during rainy season? No, it’s particularly because of such frequent change in temperature during this time of the year, our baby’s skin needs regular moisturizing. And when their skin breathes free, don’t we just love it? Moreover, oil massage comes with a lot of other long term benefits as well. This is why from our grandmothers to the doctors, everyone keep saying daily massage is a must for the little one’s growth.
Always Opt For Natural Baby Massage Oil
Then again, since Indian seasons are so varied, sometimes as new mothers we get confused about which oil is the best for our babies. So it’s better not to get swayed by the glossy advertisement. Rather select the natural baby massage oil that is suitable for every seasonal change.
Rain or shine, you must never skip massaging –
- Among all sensory organs, touch is the most powerful one. Therefore massaging every day helps create a special bond between you and your baby.
- A delicate massage before bath not only promotes better blood circulation –which ultimately leads to enhanced skin texture – but also helps in digestion, bones and muscle growth.
- A good massage also means your baby will get a good sleep post bath and meal. Massaging also facilitates development of the central nervous system.
- We know how stressed out mother of a new-born feels every time a stomach related emergency occurs. Giving your baby a good, thorough massage every day helps prevent the build-up of gas, colic and constipation.
- Massaging also help relieve the pain and discomfort of teething.
- In case of underweight babies, regular massage stimulates growth hormones which help to gain weight.
But what best baby massage oil for all seasons?
We can use coconut, almond or olive oil in winter, but these oils aren’t a good option for summer or monsoon. Because of the high humidity in these seasons, our little one’s delicate skin cannot absorb these oils completely. So the best kind of massaging oil suitable for every seasonal change is the one that has a light texture. It should be made of ingredients that perfectly moisturizes your baby and also gets quickly absorbed into the skin.
Why Mother Sparsh Ayurvedic Baby Massage Oil is the best oil for baby’s skin?
This baby massage oil from Mother Sparsh is a #madeinIndia 100% natural Ayurvedic formulation. It has different herbs and essential oils which help to nourish & relax the baby’s skin. In fact it strengthens your baby’s bone. The ayurvedic decoction process is used to make this oil so it is toxin-free and completely safe for the baby’s skin.
The choicest variety of ingredients –
What makes it the best oil for baby massage, you are wondering? It’s because there is not 1, not 2, but 18 natural extract oils in one package – Almond, Coconut, Sesame, Avocado, Olive, Jojoba, Lavender, Orange, Wheat germ, Rosehip, Sunflower, Walnut, Shankhpushpi, Durva, Ashwagandha, Tagar, Tamalpatra, and Lajjalu.
A food for Baby’s Skin:
We all know that minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants are very important for the baby’s skin. This baby massage oil has all the goodness of natural herbs so regular use of it can help to repair dryness and enhance skin texture.
Functions of these 18 natural extract oil:
Being a mother I always act wisely when it comes to selection of my baby’s products. I have checked the benefits of each and every ingredients and have comeup with this:
Shankhpushpi – It heps to increase skin moisture
Ashwagandha – It has anti-oxidant properties and reduces skin damage
Durva – This one heals any skin infection
Tagar – It will definitely improve the skin texture
Tamalpatra – It gives lustrous complexion
Coconut – Keeps the skin moisturized
Almond – Reduces dryness and improves skin texture
Walnut – It is really good to reduces skin fungus
Jojoba – Prevents skin bacteria
Olive – Hydrates your baby’s skin
Lavender – Helps to lighten the skin tone
Avocado – Aids wound healing
Orange – Nourishes dry and irritated skin
Wheat germ – Promotes healthy skin
Rosehip – This also reduces skin inflammation
Lajjalu – Strengthen bones and muscles
Sunflower – Emollient agents
Sesame – Anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial ingredient
Needless to say, since Mother Sparsh Baby Massage Oil follows such authentic Ayurvedic formulation, using this oil daily also helps your baby gain mobility at a faster rate. It’s suitable for all skin types and gets easily absorbed into the skin to ensure no buildup of oil remains after a bath.
The best way to massage your baby –
- The spot is important. Make sure where you massage the little one is a warm and comparatively quieter place in your house.
- It can be your bed or a changing table, but it has to be a comfortable place. Place your baby on a towel on her back, so that you can maintain eye contact with her throughout the time.
- Pour the Mother Sparsh ayurvedic body massage oil and gently start massaging – from the head down to her tiny, little feet. Rub slowly first. While there’s no hard rule for how long you should massage, spend time on each body part as long as your baby is enjoying it.
- Repeat the same rubbing motion and follow the same train – head, each body part, and then down to feet. Do this second step if your baby is still enjoying the massage.
- Throughout the massage keep talking to your little one. Tell her a story or sing her a nursery rhyme. Remember, massage time is not only meant to be the nourishment of your baby, but also the perfect time for you two to bond.
So without any further ado, grab a bottle of Mother Sparsh #ayurvedicbabyoil (the best baby oil I have used so far) today as the perfect gift to pamper your little one. It’s gentle and nourishing formula will make your baby go whee!
© Sayeri Bhattacharya
Disclaimer: This is Guest post. The details mentioned in the post are true to author’s knowledge and for information purpose ONLY. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sayeri Bhattacharya (Sayeri Diary) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
3,143 total views, 2 views today