I have already shared my story about starting this blog. I was working as a PR person for my company and that time I explored the fashion and lifestyle blogging communities. The amazing bloggers, their style, their fashion tips, their writing skill these are my inspiration behind this blog. I thought I should start my own blog too.
I am in the field of digital marketing for more than 7 years. I know how organic growth is important for a blog. Yes, I use to share tips with my fellow bloggers too 😉
Also Read: How to increase your website traffic?
But they want to know more about SEO. What all they need is a step by step guide on search engine optimization?
I am starting today a how to do SEO guide for all my fellow bloggers:
1. First know about SEO: The full form is search engine optimization. SEO is a continuous process to secure higher rank among millions of websites. The more high the rank, the more traffic you will get for your website.
2. The Important Factors: Keywords, Content and Website architecture.
Step by Step Guide:
First, we would create and setup Google Analytics and Google webmaster accounts. Both are important to track the website traffic, user demographics, search terms, pageviews etc.
- Create Google Analytics Account: Go to Google Analytics and create your account.
Fill up the required fields like account name, website name, website url, time zone (for Indian bloggers, select India) etc and click on the blue button.
After accepting Google policy, you will get the tracking code like below:
You need to place this code at the header section of your blog. Now you can check and track all the data from here.
- Create Google Webmaster Account: Go to Google search console and create another account.
Then at the right section you will get ‘Add A Property’ option. Click on it to get add your website option.
For site verification, follow the steps:
- Website Audit: This is the most important part before starting SEO for your blog. You can use any online free audit tools or you can shoot me a mail at [email protected] for quick review. I have shared few tips already in this article.
- A Detailed Keyword Research: First decide the keywords for which you want to rank high! As a lifestyle blogger, your keywords can be like ‘lifestyle bloggers in India’, ‘best lifestyle bloggers in India’, ‘best lifestyle blog’ etc. I will suggest taking long tail keywords for initial work. A detailed keyword research will help you to identify the most profitable and relevant keywords for your blog.
I can assist you here but I charge a small amount for this. 🙂 (Trust me, it needs hard work)
That’s all for today, complete the above mentioned steps ASAP, I will share the next steps soon. If you face any sort of difficulties then shoot me a mail at [email protected] . I will guide you with all details.
This post is published for #OpenNTalk Blogger’s League hosted by @GleefulBlogger and @WigglingPen in association with Summerbarn, Vedantika Herbals, Nyassa, Explore Kids World.
I would like to introduce Varsha, who is a passionate lifestyle blogger, an aspiring author, freelance content writer and an editor. She blogs at: https://avibrantpalette.com/
3,633 total views, 1 views today