Covid-19 is globally declared as a pandemic in 2020 by WHO. Washing hands frequently, wearing a mask, not touching your mouth and nose – these are the new hygiene standards these days. Everyone is now focused on improving the Immunity system to fight back Covid-19.
Individuals with pre-existing diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, high blood pressure, respiratory issues – have higher risks to be affected by Covid-19. Certain food supplements are there that improve our immune system. Also, Exercises can help you to boost up general immunity as you follow a healthy diet.
Tips to boost your immune system to prevent covid:
- Improve your daily diet: a balanced diet should be followed every day. Try to avoid processed and junk foods. Have plenty of green vegetables, seasonal fruits, maize, brown rice to get enough dietary fiber and. Include Herbs in your daily diet to improve the immune system. Fresh Juices are full of vitamins and antioxidants to boost up your immunity.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water every day. At least 3-4 liters of water are required to keep your body hydrated. You will feel refreshed and energetic all day long.
- Get enough sleep: at least 7-8 hours of sleep at night is required for a person. It will help your body to build Immunity. Lesser sleep will make you feel tired and less active. The lack of sleep means lesser resting time. It will harm other body functions that have a direct effect on the immune system. A good sleep accompanied with healthy Foods is a complete savvier during the pandemic.
- De-stress yourself: staying at home for months, even for the years has a deep impression on your mental health. The growing depression and anxiety during the pandemic have already affected millions across the world. To combat such a situation, you can follow a few steps to stay calm and to Strengthen immune system.
- Avoid stress – it has the most adverse effect on immunity.
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol and other addictive substances to strengthen your respiratory system. A regular habit of drinking alcohol can affect your central nervous system that can cause more stress and anxiety.
- Practice yoga and meditation for at least 10-15 minutes every day. You will feel destressed and relaxed after each of the sessions. If possible, start your day with morning yoga and meditation session.
- Travelling is known as one of the most essential supplements that helps you to relieve your stress level. Although it’s not safe to expose yourself in the public for long, if taken proper safety measures, you can make a short trip plan of your own.
- Don’t skip your workout routine: A healthy diet always should be followed by a proper exercise routine. Boost immune system to prevent covid with daily workout routines. A mild exercise helps the body to release toxins from the body. If you work out 30-45 minutes daily, it will improve your metabolism and control your body weight. These two components are directly related to the immune system.
Try Yoga and pranayama to increase the capacity of your lungs. It will improve your whole respiratory system. Lots of fitness videos are there online.
- Fruits and Vegetables for immune system Include fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables and Herbs in your daily diet. Apple, guava, banana, kiwi, grapes, pomegranate, oranges, lemon, sweet lime – as the best sources of Vitamin C.
Avoid sugar and replace it with pure honey and jaggery. Use pure Ghee, sesame oil, olive oil, coconut oil and pure mustard oil instead of refined oil. Refined oil increases the level of bad cholesterol with saturated fat.
Immunity boosting supplements:
All these above-mentioned tips will help to give your immunity system a quick boost. If you are concerned about whether you’re getting proper nutrients from your Food, consult with a nutritionist about the required supplementation regimen. A few common supplements and superfoods will help you a lot.
Vitamin C: this is one of the most important supplements to boost the immunity system. It helps to prevent cold. It’s a powerful antioxidant to protect against damage. It acts the best to cure all types of respiratory issues.
Vitamin-D: If you are feeling severe body ache, maybe you are suffering from a deficiency of Vitamin-D. Consult your doctor about taking a Vitamin-D supplement. It’s a boost immune system supplements for your general immunity system. It also has a mild protective agent against common respiratory tract infections.
Zinc: it’s a vital WBC (white blood corpuscles) component that fights against all types of infections. The deficiency of zinc often can cause infectious flu, common cold and other viral fevers. Ask your doctor to take zinc supplements.
Turmeric and garlic: this common Indian spice contains curcumin – which helps boost the general immune functions. Garlic also has powerful antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties to increase your immunity. If you include these two ingredients along with cumin and coriander in your daily Foods, it will help you fight against the Covis-19 infection.
Start drinking Herbal tea two times a day. Add cinnamon, ginger, basil, black paper and turmeric, honey in this. See how effective this is to fight against Covid-19.
Elderberry: Nutrition and Immunity both are directly related to work on your body. Elderberries are full of nutrients such as iron, potassium, phosphorus, copper, proteins, vitamins A, B, C and other dietary fibers. They have antiviral and antibacterial qualities to help fight against Covid.
1,282 total views, 2 views today